Authored by Mike Delacruz, Overdryve
The internet is constantly evolving, and as a small business owner, it’s difficult to keep up with the latest trends. Many companies today are hiring Marketing Agencies to do the heavy lifting when it comes to building a community brand.
If you are a shop owner who is struggling to manage time, there are many benefits to hiring a Marketing Agency to manage your brand for you. A Marketing Agency can provide valuable insights and strategies for improving a shop’s online presence and help generate a good quality and consistent car count. They can also help shop owners save time by taking on marketing responsibilities and allowing the shop owner to focus on other aspects of their business. Marketing Agencies usually offer a range of services at a lower cost than hiring an in-house Marketing Director or multiple employees, so it can definitely be more cost-effective in the long run.
Tracking and measuring results are key to the success of a shop owner! You can’t improve what you don’t measure. A Marketing Agency won’t only build you a successful strategy, but they will measure your results and help you stay on track to reaching your goals for the business. They can easily identify what’s working and what’s not, that way you can capitalize on your success!
Lastly, if we think about a typical day of a shop owner; from managing a team, having to interact with their customers, meeting payroll deadlines, keeping everyone up-to-date with the latest tools and training… Plus balancing family time on top of all that? There are only 24 hours in a day and certainly no ‘pause’ button on life. Hiring a Marketing Agency allows shop owners to get back their most important, irreplaceable commodity of life – their time.
But, despite all of these great advantages to hiring a Marketing Agency, there are also certain things you can do on your own to build a strong brand presence. Here are 5 easy tips for managing your own brand:
- Define your brand: Define your brand by identifying your target audience, your unique selling points, and your overall brand message.
- Create your own visual identity: Create a logo, color scheme, mascot, and/or slogan that represents your shop and use it consistently across all marketing channels.
- Create your business social media pages: By creating your business social media pages, you can easily share updates, promotions, and other information about your business with a mass audience.
- Interact with your customers via social media: Most social media platforms today allow you to chat directly with your potential customers, address concerns and receive feedback, all in real-time.
- Push notifications for reviews: You can easily set up push notifications any time you receive a review online – good or This allows you to respond to a review instantaneously and do your part to isolate any customer concerns.
A Marketing Agency can help you manage all of this! As the direct point of contact for all of your vendors, they play an important role in the marketing experience at your shop, saving you a ton of time! They are in constant communication with your vendors, some examples of working with your vendors include: building out effective campaigns, negotiating to get you the best deal with maximum value, identifying what platforms work best for your shop, measuring your results and holding your vendors accountable, training and implementation, and more.
Mike DelaCruz is the owner of Overdryve, a Marketing Agency exclusively for the automotive aftermarket industry. Chances are if you’ve ever been to SEMA, AAPEX, VISION, or ASTE, you’ve met Mike. He has attended over 100 industry conferences and has personally stepped into over 1,300 auto repair shops around the country. Mike has seen first-hand what the most successful shops are doing and has taken every little detail into account as he works with his clients. His career path has taken him to a variety of companies, all with different specialties. From the early days of Demandforce to Kukui, Broadly, Elite, and most recently Shop Boss Shop Management, Mike has a mass amount of experience in most areas of the automotive aftermarket. He has helped many small business owners build a strong brand presence while giving them back their time. For more information, visit www.overdryveinc.com.